At Veramendi Elementary, we provide opportunities for students to learn, develop, and succeed. Our academic programs are aligned with the Texas Essential Knowledge and Sklils (TEKS). The TEKS are the state standards for what students should know and be able to do. This includes:
- English Language Arts and Reading
- Gifted and Talented
- Social Studies
- Languages Other Than English
- Health Education
- Physical Education
- Fine Arts
- Spanish Language Arts and English as a Second Language
- Special Education
- Campus Wide EBIS system-(Brag. Tags, incentives)
- New Teacher support
- Common intervention time is provided for 3rd - 5th grade at risk students who need intensive content area support. K-3 also received intensive support and coaching from the Early Reading Interventionist which positively impacted instruction in these classrooms.
- Technology was made readily available to all staff members and training was provided to improve the instruction through our 1:1 initiative.
- RtI meetings regularly scheduled as well as SUMS to discuss students need as well as progress.